
On the Friday before we went back to school the Rills, Kendell, and Taylor met us down at the Shedd Aquarium. Note the corporate logo above my head in the picture. Every time I see it I think of how appropriate it is because my mom would have loved our day together.
We started our day at the big tank where we watched a diver (all volunteers, we learned) feeding the fish. It was a wonderfully fun day. One of the biggest thrills was the fact that Tristan brought with a journal (thanks, condaps!) to take notes about the day. She took 8 pages and had me take another 5. A girl after my own heart.
The diver before.
The diver after.
gairette called me over to take a picture of her and these little blue fish. Please note her jersey - this was day 4 in a row that she wore it (washed between day 2 & 3). Much to Al's dismay, Walter Payton's jersey has replaced Barry Sanders' as her favorite shirt - but he finally has a daughter who will watch a game and throw a football with him.
Here we are outside the Shedd with the statue oh-so-creatively named Man and Fish. It is not very often that I am eclipsed in size! I wish we had a picture of 3 minutes later when I pointed out Soldier Field to gairette - she was almost hyperventilating she was so excited to see where the Bears play.
No comments:
Post a Comment