Tons of bikes in Beijing. They are all functional - nothing fancy like we ride here.
This guy is a master artist and he sells from inside his home in the Hutong (sp?), which is a traditional neighborhood in China. We also ate lunch in his home. He paints INSIDE glass by using a brush he pokes through the hole at the top. Click on this picture and check out the detail. I wish I could have afforded something.
He let us try. Tammy was a pro - she wrote her name in cursive, fancy "T" and everything. I printed mine and made a heart.
Tammy and I took an afternoon and visted a foster home run by her agency. They are sent children from the state orphanages, and U.S. donations pay for their surgeries. The stay at the foster home until they are healthy enough to go to their adoptive homes. This little guy was simply adorable and is waiting for an adoptive family. It was so good to be interacting with kids after being apart from mine so long. Language meant nothing to them...just hugs and smiles.

No comments:
Post a Comment