We went to visit one of my mom's old friends who owns a bunch of summer cottages on a lake. Obviously, I wasdreaming when I thought the girls could "just go in a little bit."
This is Vivian. She was my mom's best friend in Michigan, and her daughter Carrie was my best friend. My dad called her when the accident happened (no 911), and Tim and I road the bus from school to her house that day. Carrie died 9 years ago, and my mom has been gone 6, but talking with her was so wonderful. I can't wait to go back.
After we left Vivian's we headed home via Kalamazoo to see my college roommate and her husband who was on the debate team with me. Saigee and gairette had a fun time on the swingset, while...
Pictures in trees are always good. (P.S. Brian and Cathy also have two boys - they just were never around the girls)
I wish they lived closer. These girls would be great friends.
I wish I had a digital picture of us from our wedding 20 years ago. A two hour visit with them was not even close to being enough. If you are ever in Kalmazoo on a Sunday, visit Haven Church where Brian is the Lead Pastor.
A perfect end to a perfect weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment