These three are from Pikes Peak...
This one got in this post by accident, but it was too cute to delete...
The Balanced Rock at Garden of the Gods...
Do you see how this rock is resting? Millions of people have climbed here, and yet it stays, defying everything we know about mass and gravity. I am sure there is a scientific explanation, but the fact is that is was placed there and it stays...
This is at Royal Gorge. We took an off road jeep tour and I was talking to the girls about the mountains and God, and the driver spoke up, "I really appreciate how you talk to your girls about God. I spent most of my life in the ministry. We found out that he and his wife were retired missionaries from West Africa and knew our friends the Carpenters.
More Royal Gorge - even the girls were awed by the majesty of God here.
At Glen Eyrie, a conference center owned by the Navigators right outside Garden of the Gods. Even that was a God story - they got the property after Billy Graham passed on the option to buy. They got 1,000+ acres plus a mansion and other buildings in this valley right outside Garden of the God's for $300,000. Today it is valued at more than $600,000,000.
I liked these little clefts in the rock, because they reminded me of how God kept David safe there, how He put Moses in one so that he could safely view God's glory...
g was fearless climbing up into the mountains - she was sure of herself, and sure that I would keep her safe. I wish I had that same confidence in God as I encounter the mountains in my life...
This is the chapel at the Air Force Academy. Very few things associated with it are not symbolic - the shape is supposed to mimic the mountains in which it is set, every peak pointing toward God - yet even the creativity and intentionality of the architect could not compare to the awesomeness of the creation that surrounded it.
No comments:
Post a Comment