Friday, March 14, 2008

The Family That Skis Together...

I had not been cross country skiing since before I was pregnant with this not-so-little girl. I really forgot how much fun it was. Too bad we found out that everyone liked it at the end of a very snowy Chicago winter.

Tristan and Saigee skied the 4km loop with Kyle and Jenny. Saige held up much better on skis than she does walking around a zoo or mall. My "summer girl" was thriving in the sunny winter.



Even gairette got in on the act. She skied a little more than half a mile on her own, though it seemed like a lot more because it took so long.



It was so quiet and beautiful. Al, g, and I had a great time on our trek. It made me realize how much I miss nature and how much my girls are missing out on by not growing up in "space." Ironically, since we have gotten home, we have not had a minute to think about ways to slow down and get out more.

This is what pure joy looks like!

No comments: