Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I'm Going to CHINA!

I have pictures to post from our weekend in the UP (F-U-N Thanks Kyle & Jenny), but I have to tell you that I just found out that I get to go to China on Good Friday! I am going with a group of teachers from my school district to lay the groundwork for a student trip this summer (that I also get to go on). The city is named Dalian and is located on the southest pennisula near Korea. I cannot even explain how excited I am, but at the same time it is totally surreal. The girls are excited, but Saige puts it best - "I am happy but sad because I will miss you so much." I feel exactly the same way. Imagining being away from them is the absolute hardest part.

This whole thing happened so quickly that basically when Al and I prayed about it, we were like, "God, we assume that open doors mean "yes." I cannot tell you how all the details have come into place so far, but suffice it to say that I am totally overwhelmed by God's goodness. I certainly do not deserve this ...

4 comments:

condapfour said...

Wendy- We are so excited for you! What an opportunity. Hooray. Yippee! Wahoo!

terry said...

How Awesome!!! Definitely and opportunity not to be missed. I can't wait to hear all about it.

erik and courtney said...

Yippee! This is so exciting. I am still shocked that you get to go twice in one year!

Tonya said...

So cool! I can imagine leaving the family would be the hardest part.