Sunday, April 13, 2008

Snow: An Answer to Prayer

So, we were driving to the Great Wall. It was raining. It was cold. People were complaining and we were heading toward one of the Seven Wonders of the World, and I wanted it to be good. We had been hearing all day about gods and temples, prayers and sacrifices, and this is 100% true, I prayed to God. "God, all of this talk about false gods, and I know you are truly God. Please, make it stop raining so people will stop complaining and we will have a good time." A few minutes later, the rain began to turn into giant, splattery snowflakes, and by the time we got to the wall, the ground was covered.
After bargaining for some gloves, (and taking a picture just for kira :) we got up there. This is what we saw.
So much better than brown and rainy.

I really love this picture. It just looks so peaceful.


This is about as far as we could see.

My travelling companion. I am so happy Tammy was with me.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

terry said...

What an awesome trip. I am loving looking at the pictures and reading about the trip.

Terry