Friday, June 20, 2008

Disconnected

It is about 12:30 a.m. here in Beijing, and God knew just what I needed tonight, because I have not been able to get on any blogs for over a week. I am having a great time; the students are fun, and there have been no problems, but I just feel so disconnected from the people I love - like life is going on too much while I am here. Of course I miss Al and the girls, but I also usually talk with my grandma and others every day. It has all been exascerbated by the fact that an amazing friend died a few days ago, and I have had to process it all by myself. I haven't even had time to journal, and those of you who know me that I write and talk when I need to make sense of the world. Other than two hours of singing and praying and calling home the night I got the news, I haven't been able to focus much. Tonight I tried like I always do, and there was a picture of my cousin's son, Jackson (I always start with the Stroms). My heart was so happy as I moved from posting to posting, blog to blog.

I leave for home home in a day and a half. Please pray that our flight is not delayed so that I can make it home on time. My flight lands about 4:30 p.m., and the memorial service is at 6:00p.m. I know that if God can get me to blogspot in China when I need it, he can get me to O'hare, too - petty prayers, I know.

No comments: