Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Baptism at the Beach

Two Sundays ago we went down to Foster Avenue Beach for a baptismal service - special, huh? It was even more special because kendell was baptized. I was so glad that we got to be there and that the girls were there to witness their cousin taking a truly public stand for Jesus
.



Kendell gave her testimony to the group, I have never heard her sound so confident and sure about anything. I love how she is growing up. Her verse, Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Like she said, "It's short, but it says it all."



Kendell asked our cousin Colby to pray for her. I was so proud I almost cried. How can it be that my whole family loves God and lives to serve him? Yeah, we mess up and we disagree on some pretty big stuff sometimes, but our foundation is the same - from ages 5 to 93 - we have committed our lives to Jesus. Now I am crying...



After the baptism (no pics from me) we hung around the beach all afternoon. Tristan, Livvy, and her friend erin dug a giant hole.


If you don't think about it, you can imagine we are at the ocean...


When I viewed this picture big, I was blown away by how big gairette looks. For the first time I got a sense of what she might look like as a teenager. To me she looks like her personality.

My love...

1 comment:

bergs said...

That's my girl!!!

I did cry. Len and I are so proud of who she is.

auntie betty