Sunday, December 28, 2008

One of God's Greatest Creations

Cousins!



I am pretty good at a lot of things, but I am not much for just playing (which is why God gave me Al). Maybe it is just my personality (though I wasn't always like this), maybe it is just a fact associated with being an old mom (though a. betty is fun and she is 12 years older), maybe I just take everything seriously. Anyway, God knows just what my girls and I need. My cousin Kendell (yes, I am 43 and I have a 15 year old cousin - 2 of them, in fact) came over one day with her snow stuff, ready to play with the girls.



I just wanted to cry. I kept thinking of all the times I played with Kendell when she was little, and all the times we hang out now. Youth group leaders and teachers are great, but when my kids don't want to come to Al or I for help down the road, I want them to go to their aunts, uncles, and cousins - people who love God, know what is valuable to our family, and who will be our messengers in a different voice. Those relationships are made at the mall, painting nails, and building snowmen.


The end.

2 comments:

The Rummelhoffs said...

Interesting way to build a snowman! What a good cousin Kendell is!

bergs said...

i love you!! thanks for making me look like a great person/cousin:)