...a wall and some pumpkins!
The weekend before Halloween my dad and Debbi visited for our annual pumpkin carving event.
This picture is how I remember my dad a lot from my childhood - tool belt on, pencil in hand or behind his ear. I also remember him carrying a calf in the house, behind a team of horses sitting on the roof of a truck, teaching me how to pump gas (I still listen for the gurgle - even with auto shut-offs), ... I sometimes wonder how my girls will remember me. I hope they will be able to put all the ugly parts of my life in perspective and will remember me in the every day - making waffles for dinner, letting them roller blade in the house, reading books, praying for them...
This is what it looked like before they put the wall up. We have added 6 1/2' to the dining room and made a much smaller bathroom. Crazy we have lived here 14 years, and I don't think we have any pics from before the demo work (Al is an expert at that!)
No comments:
Post a Comment