If my girls love well, if I love at all, it is because I was and am so well-loved, and that kind of love does not come from easily. It comes from God, who has shown us real love by giving his son, who embodies I Corinthians 13 love - patient, kind, not self-seeking, rejoicing in truth. Some day, if I ever am blessed enough to be a grandma, I hope my family can see Jesus in me by the way I love them.
Monday, January 3, 2011
Best Grandma
I love my grandma for a million for a million reasons, and this is one of them. She is 89 and she wants our kids around, and she lets them be around and be kids. They do not have to sit quietly, eat at the table, or keep things perfectly clean. She serves them ice cream in front of the t.v., lets them sing and dance, and paint right at her feet. And though there are some, "Be careful" and "Quiet down a bit" thrown in - every visit, big and small, is ended with big hugs and "I love you!" from everyone.

If my girls love well, if I love at all, it is because I was and am so well-loved, and that kind of love does not come from easily. It comes from God, who has shown us real love by giving his son, who embodies I Corinthians 13 love - patient, kind, not self-seeking, rejoicing in truth. Some day, if I ever am blessed enough to be a grandma, I hope my family can see Jesus in me by the way I love them.
If my girls love well, if I love at all, it is because I was and am so well-loved, and that kind of love does not come from easily. It comes from God, who has shown us real love by giving his son, who embodies I Corinthians 13 love - patient, kind, not self-seeking, rejoicing in truth. Some day, if I ever am blessed enough to be a grandma, I hope my family can see Jesus in me by the way I love them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I totally agree with this post! You have an amazing grandma.
Post a Comment