Thursday, March 10, 2011

Visiting Charlotte Amy

President's Day weekend we got the chance to go to the U.P. to watch Charlotte while Kyle and Jenny worked a retreat. The sled was the safest mode of transportation, since the grounds were complete ice after a thaw. We needed three babies so everyone had a sled to pull!





A bit of cousin talk with Tristan.

T had the magic touch all weekend. Even though Charlotte was a little under the weather, we still loved hanging out with her. I am not quite sure why I don't have more pictures of the girls. Maybe it was just too cold. Good thing the number of pictures do not equal how much we love her!


Finally after days of begging, I took the girls skating - it was so incredibly cold! I got extra good mom points that day.

TaDa!


The bonus was that erik and courtney were at Covenant Point, too, so Saigee, A, betty, erik, and I were back on the ice that night watching the Polar Bear-ers. Note that we were not dressed for a freezing cold dip.


Unlike courtney (far right) who came to the lake with a towel. Brrrrr!



I caught Court in the 1/100th of a second before she went all the way under.



Kendell went in too, but taking pictures with gloves on is tricky, and I accidentally turned off the camera as she jumped in, so all you see are her legs, and erik helping her out. It was really fun to see erik in his role as youth pastor that weekend. It is a side of him we really don't get to see (though we have seen the plain old pastor side - he is great at caring for people).

PolarBearing Unity!