Thursday, September 4, 2008

Once Upon a Time...

Once upon a time, a little girl moved with her family to a camp in Evart, Michiagan. They moved a couple of years later, but the girl kept going back as a campre, then a staff member. 13 years later at a staff training week, she began to pray with this guys who worked at the camp full time and lived in Evart. By the end of the summer, "something" had developed and two years later they were married. And so, each year they go back to a place that has grown incredibly in 23 years, but still is an altar of God's faithfulness in their lives.


This was our housing unit the first night (we lost our claim to our old one when we didn't come last year). We got there after registration, so I went to register in the morning. As I stood there, a person called and cancelled and so we were able to upgrade to this...


A warm cabin that sleeps 17, had electricity, windows, a door, storage, and a cute porch. Our cabin, Trillium, is shaped like a T. We out up the curtains on the small rooms.

Our fenced in yard.

I woke up on Sunday to a birthday celebration. T had brought all of the decorations from home and she and auntie betty decorated after I went to sleep. Note the brownies for breakfast.

Everyone knew I was a birthday girl!

Jon was a great addition to our trip this year.


Smooches!

Just for the Rills.

Self-made fun.

She literally bit the dust on one of her rolls down the hill. I had to clean dirt out from her teeth.

Not a great picture, but a great story. Jon would ask gairette to do her Michael Phelps impression in exchange for a sip of root beer, but she wouldn't do it just anywhere. She would run him down to this stage and then do it. At the end of the weekend Jon said, "gairette is the only one who understands me."

2 comments:

erik and courtney said...

I think the Strom's want to sign up for next year...looks like a lot of fun.

the rills said...

Tristan so proud GO BLUE! (but next year get an F for Fenwick, GO FRIARS!)